When listing domains for sale through Sedo you can now have the best of our listing types at your fingertips with Sedo’s Buy Now or Best Offer option. With this option, you get the most flexibility when selling your domains. In this article we’ll expand on all of the benefits of this listing type and will tell you how to enable it all within your Sedo account.
The ins and outs of Buy Now or Best Offer
Once you have designated the Buy Now or Best Offer listing option for all of your Buy Now listings, you will only receive one time offers from potential buyers, and there are no negotiations involved. With Buy Now or Best Offer, Sedo notifies sellers via email if an offer is received. You then can review the offer and decide if you want to accept it or not but you are not able to negotiate when using this setting.
Please note that if you select this option in your account, it must either apply to every domain you list for sale or domains listed at a certain price range which you will need designate in the 'Best Offer' function. This setting cannot be applied individually to domains in your account.
Benefits to using Buy Now or Best Offer
The advantages of Buy Now or Best Offer is that you get best of both worlds – fixed pricing with some limited elements of negotiating. You are able to better target buyers who want to purchase the domain for a fixed price. These are the buyers who don’t want to wait to get their desired domains or have to make multiple offers or go back and forth with sellers.
But it also gives buyers the opportunity to make a one-time “best offer” and still get the benefit or at least the feeling that they are negotiating for a lower price than the listed one. Another additional benefit of having your domain set as Buy Now or Best Offer is that if you park the domain and it sells with this price setting through Sedo’s marketplace, then the commission fee is reduced from 15% to 10% of the sales price.
Combine all this with Sedo’s Sales landing pages and SedosMLS Premium to boost the sales potential of your domain. Keep in mind: Sales made via the SedoMLS channel have a commission of 20% of the sales price.
Recapping Buy Now or Best Offer benefits:
- Gives potential buyers the ability to make a one-time “best offer” that can be lower than the listed price.
- Targets different types of buyers who don’t want the hassle involved with negotiating.
- Avoids the sometimes lengthy negotiation process of negotiable or Make offer sales (Domains will sell quicker!)
- When you park the domain and it sells with this price setting, then the commission fee is reduced from 15% to 10% of the sales price.
Step by step instructions on how to set your domains for sale to Buy Now or Best Offer:
- Log into your account and select My Sedo > My Account select Account Settings under the Sales Settings part.
- Select and tick the box which says 'I want to accept offers on my Buy Now listings'. (You can apply this setting to all the domains in your portfolio or domains in a certain price range.)
- There are other settings where you can automatically reject offers that are too low and set a % of the sales price as the minimum offer. Select any of these options as you wish.
- After you have selected your desired settings, hit the green button 'save changes'.