CAMBRIDGE, Mass., December 7, 2009 – Sedo, the leading online domain marketplace and monetization provider, today announced the launch of its new website. As a result of an extensive study involving Sedo members, employees, consultants and focus groups, Sedo developed the new site to address the domain investment needs of its seasoned members, including large and small business owners, online marketing and advertising professionals. The innovative features and improved functionality offer the best end-user experience possible, in order to ensure success in buying, selling and monetizing domains.
“Since our inception, Sedo has strived to provide our global members with the most modern, advanced and secure domain tools and services available on the market. Today, with the launch of the new Sedo.com platform, we are continuing this tradition and leveraging the feedback from our most important partners – our users – to develop the most resourceful and user-friendly domain site on the market,” said Jeremiah Johnston, chief operating officer for Sedo. “We hope these important updates and improvements will help make the domain market more accessible for new users and provide all of our visitors with the rich user experience they’ve come to expect from Sedo.”
In addition to major site enhancements, Sedo has focused on making simple improvements to the site to create a more engaging and intuitive environment. New navigation and login systems, for example, allow users to manage their Sedo accounts and navigate the site more efficiently. To help improve the browsing experience, the site tree has been streamlined, so users can focus on what’s most important to them.
Key improvements and added features include the following:
• A new Homepage with three gateways presenting a clear view of Sedo’s core products and strengths. Rotating boxes provide more splash page real-estate and flexible placement for auctions, listings, updates and promotions;
• A Domain Search field is prominently placed on the home page and included on every page for easy access, which makes it easier to find the right domain within a comprehensive database of 15 million listings across more than 2,000 categories;
• A robust, new Resources section, where users are able to view past market trends and monitor real-time updates on auctions, bids and sales;
• A new Market Activity page provides a live overview of the domains being bought and sold by members on the Sedo marketplace. Also included is an extensive list of available bargain domains;
• A new Member Login page for the seasoned user, which provides valuable information at a glance. Combining marketplace and parking features for a one-stop-shop experience, My Sedo users can now access the most important high level details immediately when they log in;
• Increased visibility of Secure Services and Policies sections, which feature buying and selling-related pages and information on Sedo’s accreditation by widely recognized consumer protection groups. Sedo’s industry-first Rights Protection Program and policies sections are also now easier to locate.
The new web site also reflects Sedo’s global presence, as it is available in four different languages – English, German, French and Spanish. In addition, an overview of Sedo is provided in several other languages, including Italian, Japanese and Swedish.
Sedo, an acronym for "Search Engine for Domain Offers," is the leading domain marketplace and monetization provider. Headquartered in Cambridge, Mass., Sedo has assembled the world's largest database of domain names for sale, with more than 15 million listings. The success of Sedo's model has attracted a global membership base of more than 900,000 domain professionals. Sedo is owned by AdLINK Group (ISIN DE0005490155 / German WKN: 549015), which is part of the German United Internet AG (ISIN DE0005089031/ WKN 508903). Sedo offers regional versions of its site for the UK (Sedo.co.uk), France (Sedo.fr), Germany (Sedo.de), and Spain (Sedo.com). For additional information, please visit them online at www.Sedo.com or on Facebook at www.Facebook.com/Sedo and on Twitter at www.Twitter.com/Sedo.
For more information, please contact: